DRAFT CLIMATE ACTION PLAN COMPLETED!!!!!!!
PUBLIC IS INVITED TO ATTEND A REVIEW OF THE DRAFT
Thursday, November 17, 2015 – 7:00 pm
Montezuma Town Hall
8102 Dock Street, Montezuma, NY
A presentation will be made by the Central New York Regional Planning and Development Board (CNY RPDB) to explain the draft Climate Action Plan (CAP) and how it was created.
Work on the CAP began in December of 2014 when the town adopted the Climate Smart Communities pledge. Having an adopted plan such as this will help the town and community members to reduce energy use, save money, and increase the likelihood of receiving future state and federal grants.
You may view the executive summary and full CAP document at
For more information, contact Amanda Mazzoni at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (315) 422-8276 ext. 215
SMALL ACTIONS CAN MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE!
The Town government will lead the initiative to help educate the community and set an example of energy efficiency and adaptation. Beyond that the entire community is needed to make significant reductions in greenhouse gas emissions and to successfully adapt to unavoidable climate change. The following is the official pledge the Town Board recently vote on:
- Pledge to be a Climate Smart Community.
- Set goals, inventory emissions, plan for climate action.
- Decrease community energy use.
- Increase community use of renewable energy.
- Realize benefits of recycling and other climate-smart solid waste management practices.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions through use of climate-smart land-use tools.
- Enhance community resilience and prepare for the effects of climate change.
- Support development of a green innovation economy
- Inform and inspire the public.
- Commit to an evolving process of climate action.
In April 2015, a Greenhouse Gas Inventory Report was completed. The report may be downloaded here.