Town of Montezuma Adopts Comprehensive Plan
October 27, 2016
The Town’s Vision as adopted in the Plan….
The Comprehensive Plan has been completed for the Town of Montezuma which is a new document that shares a vision and the unique characteristics of our community. Members of the Montezuma Comprehensive Planning Committee (CPC) met on a regular basis beginning in September 2014 to discuss the content and format of the Plan. The Central New York Regional Planning & Development Board (CNY RPDB) provided program planning, writing, and mapping assistance and worked closely with the Committee to ensure that the plan remains a local level initiative.
- Create a Map of Potential Conservation Lands as a first step in facilitating conservation subdivision design
- Investigate options for expanding high-speed internet throughout the town
- Work with the state to connect the Erie Canal Traiway from Port Byron to Lyons passing through the Town of Montezuma
- Update zoning to incorporate conservation subdivision principles
- Encourage light industrial development at the Archer Daniels Midland site
- Work to build a stronger sense of place in the community
Thank you from the Montezuma Comprehensive Planning for community support in completing the Plan!
Comprehensive Committee members:
John Malenick – Supervisor, Town of Montezuma
Joe Verdi – Planning Board Chair
Barbara Culotti – Planning Board Member
Marian Ellinwood – Planning Board Member
John Fordyce – Planning Board
Cheryl Longyear – Planning Board, Clerk, Town Historian
Donald Ellinwood – Town Resident
Carol Fordyce – Town Resident
Amanda Mazzoni & Jeanie Gleisner – CNY RPD