- Contact: Office Phone: 315-776-8844, Ext. 3; cell 315-246-3160
- Hours: 1st & 3rd Tuesdays – 4 – 7 PM
- Hours: 2nd & 4th Thursdays – 1 – 4 PM
Assessment Board of Review:
- Gerry Helmer
- Patricia Verdi
- Thomas Hitchcock
The Board of Assessment meets in May each year.
Senior Citizen, Enhanced Star, Ag Exemptions, or Limited Disability Income exemptions filing ended March 1, 2017. Enhanced Star Exemptions apply to school taxes ONLY. The exemption is available to anyone who turns 65 at any time during the year of 2017. Please contact the Assessor to apply for this exemption.
The Tentative Tax Roll will be available for viewing at the Town Clerk’s Office in May. If you have questions about your assessment call Kim at the above numbers. She also reminds everyone that she will be out updating pictures in preparation for the 2017 evaluation. She will have ASSESSOR TOWN OF MONTEZUMA signs on her car.
New York State Department of Taxation & Finance Office of Real Property Tax Services – Complaint on Real Property Assessment
- Assessment_Complaint.pdf Form RP-524 (03/09)
NYS Department of Taxation and Finance Office of Real Property Services
- Contest_Assessment in New York State (What to do if you disagree with your assessment) Publication 1114 (02/12)
How to Estimate the Market Value of Your Home
- Publication 1115 (November 2012)
Cayuga County Real Property Services – to report address change